GOVERNMENT OF WEST BENGAL
FINANCE (AUDIT) DEPARTMENT
NABANNA, MANDIRTALA, HOWRAH-711102
No. 1000-F(P,)FAIOI2MI74/16(N.B.). Dated, Howrah, the 12″ March, 2021.
In view of the General Election to the West Bengal Legislative Assembly, 2021 scheduled to be held on 27th March, 1st, 6th, 10th, 47th, 22nd, 26th, 29th April, 2021 in different Assembly constituencies as detailed in the following TABLE vide relevant Press Note No.ECI/PN/16/2021, dated 26.02.2021 of the Election Commission of India, the undersigned is directed to say that the Governor is hereby pleased to declare the
dates of Poll as public holiday as per TABLE below (i.e., wherever applicable) under the Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881 for the respective Assembly Constituency, as follows:
2) All Government Offices, Organizations under it, Undertakings, Corporations, Boards, Statutory and Local Bodies, Educational Institutions etc. situated within the Assembly Constituency will remain closed on the respective dates so that every employee is able to exercise his/her right to franchise in the election.
3) Labour Department will issue suitable instructions to shops, commercial and industrial establishments including Tea Gardens to declare the said dates for the concerned Assembly Constituencies as paid holiday for the workers to enable them to exercise their franchise in the election.
4) In case of an employee working outside his concerned Assembly Constituency and where the date of Poll has not been declared as holiday in his place of work as tabled in Para-1 above, he / she shall be permitted to cast his/ her vote by way of allowing special leave on that date.
5) In case of re-poll, the employees/workers shall be allowed to cast their votes on the date of re-poll also in the manner as stated in Para-4 above.
6) The days before the respective dates of poll being the dates of dispatch shall be declared as local holiday for the Educational Institutions / Government Offices etc., which will be used as Polling Stations / Sector Office I Distribution-cum-Receiving Centre or for any other election related purpose, situated within the respective Assembly Constituency except the day of 25.04.2021 as the same being Sunday, public
holiday under N.I. Act, 1881.
7) If the poll process continues upto late hours on the poll date(s) as stated in the TABLE in Para-I pre-page, the polling parties may obtain their release from the respective Reception Centres in the small hours of the morning (or even afterwards) of the said poll dates [i.e., as in Col.(2) of the TABLE in Para-I overleaf] finding it difficult for them to attend office in time. In consideration of the situation, special leave may
be allowed on the following day of the poll on 7th, 23rd, 27th, and 30th April, 2021 to the officers and employees who will be deployed for polling duties.
Sd/- S. Barman.
to the Government of West Bengal.