Last Updated on March 12, 2022 by WBPAY
Finance department, Government of West Bengal introduced the process of Online HRA Declaration, Income Tax deduction request, GPF subscription amount change request and other functionalities through the e-Services for Employees (ESE) Login of West Bengal Government Employees.
|Department||Finance Department, West Bengal|
|Subject||Introduction of new functionalities in HRMS|
|Summery||Introduction of new functionalities:-|
1) Online House Rent Allowance (HRA) declaration
2) Online deduction of Income Tax at source
3) Online request for change of GPF Subscription
4) Generation of Part Salary Bills
5) Wage Attendance Modification after Approval
6)Change of Bank Account of terminated/retired employees and addition of new beneficiary Bank Account(s) for deceased employees
7) Entry of Sanction details in respect of Grant in Aid Pay Bills
Online HRA Declaration, Itax, GPF amount change request and other functionality in HRMS
Government of West Bengal
Memo No. 3972-F(Y) Dated: 17.12.2021
Sub: Introduction of new functionalities in HRMS
After successful implementation of different sub-modules of HRMS, Finance Department, Government of West Bengal has decided to implement online Declaration of HRA, Process for change of deduction of Income Tax at Source and change of GPF Subscription, drawal of Part Salary, Modification of Attendance for Wage employees after approval, change of Bank Account of terminated/retired employees and addition of new beneficiary Bank Account(s) for deceased employees and entry of Sanction details in respect of Grant in Aid Pay Bills in HRMS.
These will facilitate switch over from present manual process used in various offices of the State Government across the state to a web-based online one.
1) Online House Rent Allowance (HRA) declaration under Para 2B of Finance Department Memo No. 6038-F Dated 22/05/1984: – In order to draw HRA, all the employees of Govt. of West Bengal will submit his or her HRA declaration (that is required to be submitted twice in a year in January & July) to the DDO from the menu <My Application> ==> <HRA Declaration>. Once the DDO accepts that HRA declaration the amount of HRA of the employees and his or her spouse will automatically be updated in the system. The HRA declaration so made will be available under menu <My Request> ==> <HRA Declaration Status>. However those employees who cannot make such HRA declaration online, the manual process will continue to be available, as usual.
2) Online deduction of Income Tax at source: – The employee will be able to submit Income Tax deduction request to the DDO from the menu <My Application> ==> <Income Tax Deduction request> from their eSE Login. The employee can insert the income tax amount to be deducted along with the commencement date and end date for such deduction. But if the end date is not mentioned the same amount will continue to be deducted every month. After acceptance by the DDO the same will automatically be reflected in salary deduction component. The status of this request may be seen from the menu <My request> ==> <Status of IT and GPF Deduction>.
3) Online request for change of GPF Subscription: – The same process as mentioned in (2) above in case of deduction of Income Tax will be followed in case of online submission of request for change of GPF subscription by the employees.
4) Generation of Part Salary Bills:- Generation of Pay Bill for a part of the month for an employee is frequently needed by the Drawing and Disbursing Officers (DDOs). As such, this facility has been made available under the menu <HRMS> ==> <Pay bill> ==> <Generation of Part Salary>. Wage bill for the wage earners may also be drawn using the same menu when such an employee is transferred from one office to another and bill is required to be drawn by the two offices for the same month. However, prior to drawal of such wage bill “Loss of Pay Calculation” for “Partial Attendance” is mandatory.
5) Wage Attendance Modification after Approval: – The “Loss of Pay Calculation” functionality for Wage Attendance Modification even after approval will enable the DDO to modify or reject any such request, if approved erroneously.
6) Change of Bank Account of terminated/retired employees and addition of new beneficiary Bank Account(s) for deceased employees: – Bank account of the deceased and/or terminated employees or their nominee(s) can be changed /updated by the Drawing and Disbursing Officers (DDOs) to pay their dues to the concerned beneficiaries.
7) Entry of Sanction details in respect of Grant in Aid Pay Bills: – This functionality has also been introduced at DDO level to resolve the issue of recording the Sanction details in respect of Grant in Aid Pay Bills so that it can be reflected in TR31 and can be viewed and checked by the Treasury.
The above facilities will be available with immediate effect.
Joint secretary to the
Government of West Bengal