Last Updated on March 1, 2022 by WBPAY
Availability of house rent allowance for West Bengal Government depends on certain conditions. Also time to time a declaration form for House rent declaration may be submitted by the employee. This post provide the House Rent Declaration Rule and Form for West Bengal Government Employees.
HRA Declaration Rule
Compensatory House rent allowance (No. 6038-F Dt Calcutta, the 22nd May, 1984)
GOVERNMENT OF WEST BENGAL
Calcutta, the 22nd May 1984
Subject: Compensatory House rent allowance
- Under the existing provisions as contained in para 6 of Finance Department Memorandum No. 1925- F dated 21.10.1948 as amended, read with Memorandum No. 46-F, dated 3.1.1975, house rent allowance is admissible to both husband and wife so long as pay drawn by each of them does not exceed Rs. 500 per month. The allowance is payable to only one of them when the pay of one or both exceeds Rs. 500 per month.
- The matter has been further reviewed by the Government and the Governor has been pleased to decide, in supersession of para 6 of Memorandum No. 1925-F, dated 21.10.1948, as amended, and Memorandum No. 46-F, dated 3.1.1975, as follows :
(a) i) In a case where the husband or wife is a State Government employee and the spouse is
an employee either of the State Government or of the Central or any other State Government or of an undertaking of a State or Central Government or of an educational institution or a local body etc., the allowance at the usual rate will be admissible to both of them without reference to the rent certificate provided the total pay of husband and wife took together does not exceed Rs. 1000 per month.
(a) ii) If the total pay of the husband and wife taken together exceeds Rs. 1000 per month, the allowance at usual rates will be admissible to both, the total H.R.A. drawn by them is subject to a maximum of 15% of the pay of both husband and wife took together or Rs.275 p.m., whichever is less. However, for claiming total H.R.A. at a rate higher than Rs. 150 per month, rent certificate will have to be produced and in such cases, the total H.R.A. shall be limited to the actual rent paid.
(b) i) Where both husband and wife are State Government employees, both of them will furnish joint declarations to their respective Heads of Offices. Each Head of Office will determine the H.R.A. admissible to the Government employee under his control in accordance with the provisions contained in para 2(a) of this memorandum.
(b) ii) Where the husband or wife of a State Government employee is an employee of the Central or any other State Govt, or of the undertaking of a State or Central Government or of an educational institution or a local body etc., the State Government employee will submit a declaration jointly with his/her wife husband to the concerned Head of Office, who will determine the H.R.A. admissible to the State Government employee in accordance with para 2(a) of this Memorandum. The declaration as mentioned above must be obtained by the Heads of Offices in January and July of every year. All Heads of Offices should strictly ensure that no house rent allowance is drawn in respect of a Govt. servant from whom such declaration has not been received. A model declaration form is enclosed.
- In partial modification of para 10(a) of Memorandum No. 1925-F, dated 21.10.1948 as substituted by Memo No. 11745-F, dated 19.11.82 the Governor is further pleased to direct that for the purpose of drawal of house rent allowance, i documentary evidence will not be required up to basic pay including special pay, if any of Rs. 1000 p.m. i.e. the dearness pay will not be taken into account for this purpose unless house rent allowance is claimed on an amount more than Rs. 1000.
- The Governor is also pleased to decide that in respect of employees occupying accommodation owned/leased or requisitioned by Government and paying a fixed percentage of pay as house rent, house rent shall be deducted on their basic pay including special pay, if any only and D.P. shall not be taken into account for this purpose.
- 5. The other conditions for drawal of house rent allowance as contained in Memorandum No. 1925-F, dated 21.10.1948 as amended, shall apply. 6. This order takes effect from 1st April, 1984. Sd/- P. K. Sarkar Secretary to the Govt. of West Bengal.
HRA Declaration Form